We welcomed our beautiful baby girl into the world.

2014.sep 21 Born at 1:39

My due date finally had come around just the day before I had been at Yui having a prenatal check-up,and no surges had been seen yet. I hadn’t felt any yet either. That was nothing different to my first birth,so I didn’t think that was strange. I knew when my baby was ready it would go into labor.

Over night I felt some cramping,but just went back to sleep,determined to get a good night rest.

The next morning I went about my day,took my dog to the vets,took care of my 2years old. It was around 3pm on the 20th,which was my due date that I started to feel cramping low down in the cervical area. I still continued with my day,drank plenty of foods and got my things ready to go incase this was the real thing. We had dinner at 6 and I was having to start to stop what I was doing during a surge. I let my duela,Amanda knows what was going on. I took a bath with my son,and then my husband put him to bed so I could start concentrating more on following my baby lead. I took a shower and got ready. About 9:30 I laid down for a nap for an hour. My surges slowed a little but then I felt I needed to get up and change position. Once I got up,the surges came on stranger and very regular. I learned on to the during room table,surrendering to each surge.
We called Amanda and she got to our house around 11:30am. She saw how close my surges were and advised we get to Yui. Our babysitter arrived and my husband leaded up the car. We leaded off to Yui around midnight.

We arrived at Yui around 12:20am on the 21th. My surges had stayed strong in the car,and I let them wash over me like waves,all the true listening to the hypnobirthing CD.
We made our way upstairs to a birthing room. I learned over bathroom sink with another surge. The midwife needed to put the monitor on,so I kneeled on the floor with my head and shoulders on a birth ball. The surges kept coming,going in intensity,very close together. The midfiwe asked if she could get a chemical check to see how far delated I was. I agreed however this never happened. The next couple of attraction I needed if she was going to check,when I asked Amanda,she said she didn’t think it needed to be done at this point. I felt myself starting to loose my ability to keep myself together,but Amanda kept me focused, During one surge,my bag of water suddenly burst like a water balloon. I continued to try to completely it go. I didn’t fully realize how close I was to meeting my baby. I believe the head started to crown at this point. I was loosing focus a little bit,panicking that I couldn’t keep this up for hours. Then Amanda fold me to do whatever my baby was telling me to do,and to follow its lead. As the next contraction swelled up,I did,and sitting back a little. I felt my baby pushing the baby down. I suddenly realized her lead was right there,and that she was about to come out.

With the next surge,I surrendered,and I could feel her head start to come out. I gave it all I had,although ! Free to allow my baby to self expell rather than “push” to avoid leaning like I had with my first. Her head was out!

I had to apply pressure to support my perineum. With the next surge,I learned back sitting back on my feet,and her baby came out. The midwifes passed her forwards to me,telling me to receive my baby! They helped me back to a laying position,and my baby was now on my abdomen. The cord was too short to bring her up to my chest. We had kept the gender surprise,so I had to check…a baby girl!! I was thralled!

Our little princess laid with me waiting for the arrival of the placenta. The cord was left to finish pulsing. Surge continued until the placenta was expelled.
1:39am she was born,just an hour and 15 minutes after arriving at Yui! I had not expected it to all move aling so quickly! However I was so thankful it did,and that we welcomed our beautiful baby girl into the world.